Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Tournament (March)
March 7 @ 12:00 - March 28 @ 21:00£5.00
March Retro Console Game Tournament of the Month.
Join us throughout March to take on our retro console game ‘Tournament of the Month’, featuring Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
History: Released in 2003 on Xbox, PlayStation2 and Game Boy Advance consoles, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a third-person beat ’em up video game with platforming elements based on the 2000 film of the same name by Ang Lee.
Entry fee: £5.00 per entrant, giving access to qualifiers and tournament.
Prize: Free VR Play Pass for x1 player (worth £45.00)
Qualifiers: Take place during store opening hours from Tuesday 7th March 2023 until Tuesday 21st March 2023.
Tournament finals: Take place from 6pm on Tuesday 28th March 2023.
How to enter: Simply pop down to the store during the qualifiers period and speak to a member of staff to take part. Keep the tournament final date free just in case you qualify to take part in the finals!
———— TOURNAMENT RULES ————
- All players must turn up 10 minutes before the qualifier and tournament start to ensure that they are able to take part in it.
- Qualifiers take place throughout the first 3 weeks of the month.
- Qualifiers are per player, playing against the game’s built-in AI using the game’s normal / default difficulty level.
- The same side and AI character selection will be selected by the referee and used for each match in the qualifiers.
- Each player will pay a non-refundable £5.00 entry fee and play 3 rounds against AI in total.
- Each round consists of 3 matches, giving the entrant a total of 9 matches to earn the highest number of wins against AI.
- The maximum number of matches each entrant can win in the qualifiers will be 9 matches.
- We will keep track of the outcomes of each round for the qualifiers and post it live so that the entrants know their current standing throughout the month.
- The top 6 players with the highest total scores from the qualifiers will then be put into the final Tournament to play 1 vs 1 against the other finalists.
- Each finalist will compete against every other finalist on Tuesday 28th March 2023.
- Each finalist will play a total of 3 rounds (9 matches) against every other finalist to try and achieve their highest total number of wins.
- The winner will be determined based on the finalist that achieves the highest number of wins overall.
- If there’s a tie against two or more finalist players, the overall tournament winner will be determined by sudden death.
- Any spectators must spectate at a reasonable distance from the competitors.
- All buttons will be checked by officials before every match to ensure that they all work as intended.
- Any players or spectators that refuse to follow the referee’s instructions will be disqualified from competing and asked to leave the premises.
- Entry to tournament is not valid with any discount or promotional offer.
- Referee’s decision is final.